The last three days of very heavy rain made conditions exceedingly hard for members to fish the competition, Joe Docherty was up today (Tuesday) and never even got afloat as the loch was rising and put him in doubt of his ability to safely get the boat re-moored. He sent me these photos of the situation.
Also here are a couple of photos of the River Massan looking very angry.
The Loch Eck Competition Starts on Saturday 6th October
DDAC Rules for Competition
Loch Eck Competition
The winner will be required to have caught and netted a salmonid(s) from Loch Eck.
The ruling as for the Club Rivers i.e.
Two Sea Trout – Catch & release thereafter.
All salmon will be returned as per Club rules.
- Catch & Release – Sea Trout may be measured on length and returned, they can be recorded in the day book using the Weight / Length table supplied.
- The competition is fished either by bank or boat.
- Fishing may commence at 9am and ends with weigh-in at the boat house at 5pm
- The member must nominate their preferred day to fish within the set competition week when booking their boat.
- The best basket will be two or more fish.
- The form of angling is by any legal method. No treble hooks.
Largest Fish Trophy
The trophy will be awarded to the person who has caught the largest fish, measured on length, within the competition rules set above.
A DDAC measuring stick is placed in each boat.
It’s well over four long months till the salmon and seatrout season kicks off again in Cowal, so here’s a beautiful photo of Loch Eck just to wet members appetites. Thanks to explorecowal.com for the use of his image.
A very wet visit to Loch Eck on Tuesday 31st October produced this fine Sea Trout for Bill Rankin who was accompanied by Allan Miller on the last outing of 2017.
Davy Morrison in action today (30th Oct) on Loch Eck …. nae fish but he’s oot there !
Another cracking sea trout for Allan Miller taken from Loch Eck about the 3lb mark and safely returned .. well done Allan 👍
Yet another excellent result from Loch Eck by Bill Rankin who was fishing on Friday and landed this magnificent sea trout which weighed in at 5lb, which was returned to fight another day.